How to wire your #1841002 Ignition Switch
1. Terminal #1 – Ignition Wire & Horn Wire
2. Terminal #2 or #7 – Hot Wire, Generator
3. Terminal #3 or #6 – All Lights
4. Terminal #5 Magneto if used
5. Terminal #4 or #8 – Not Used
6. Install Jumper Wire between terminals #2 and #7
7. Install Jumper Wire between terminals #3 and #6
The jumper wires installed as shown will increase the life of your switch by sharing the load between two sets of contacts in the switch vs using a signal contact without the jumpers. This will effectively double the life of your switch. PLEASE NOTE – When using these jumper wires you will no longer be able to use your parking light position on the switch as all your lights will be on. However who ever uses a parking light when parking their motorcycle so we see the benefits outweighing the downside.
We make an exact reproduction of this switch with the jumper wires already installed for more details:
You may also download a PDF version of these instructions by clicking on the link at the bottom of this article labeled attachments.
By carefully following these directions you will get the best results in wiring your Indian. If you have any questions please feel free to call or email. Our goal is to provide you with the highest quality parts to get your INDIAN back on the road. Thank You