Mainshaft Thrust Washer collar
This is the thrust collar that fits on the mainshaft in your transmission. These are fully heat treated from 4130 material and precision ground.
Two required per transmission
Available in sizes:
.060, .065, .070, .075, .080, .090, .095, .100, and .105
Manufactured exclusively by Starklite Cycle
Instructions for setting the proper clearance on the
how to set end play.
.020-.025 max trans endplay
- Start with aligning sprockets. Can be up to .020 out of alignment.
- Left side of mainshaft and clutch hub is the first t/w that you will work with.(put on before installing clutch drum). Must be thick enough that when you push the shaft all the way to the left, Step on mainshaft has to stick out of driver gear (if this is not done you have kicker problems),
- Once it is sticking out of the gear (on the rt, driver gear). This sets the play on the spacing for the sprocket driver gear.
- If .095 washer is used and it still doesn’t stick out, then a spacer must be used between the bearing and the sprocket driver gear, to suck in the driver gear.
- Now the RH t/w is set, to achieve a .005-.025 endplay on the mainshaft.
- We shoot for .015″ endplay. ( Use whatever size washer is required to get the endplay into this range.
Clutch sprocket nut is torqued to 100 ft lbs. ( we actually torque the outer
sprocket nut to 50 ft lbs (and hold the inner nut with a wrench), this
drives the inner nut to 100 ft lbs).